There’s so much spotlight on CBD because of the many benefits that are associated with its use. One of the potentials of cannabidiol is said to be its ability to minimize aging and wrinkles. Now, is this claim valid? And are you trying to use CBD for anti-aging? This article will give you all the answers you need.
Here, you will find out if it is indeed true that CBD can reduce wrinkling and aging. And you’ll know how to use CBD for these purposes if they are accurate claims. Finally, you will be given directions on where to get the best CBD for your general body wellness.
What Causes of Wrinkles and Aging?
Wrinkling is a natural part of the body processes as one grows older. To understand how this works, follow the outlines below:
- Your skin remains smooth, and it will always be free of wrinkles because of the collagen and elastin produced by the body.
- The older you get, be sure there will be less collagen in your body can produce. It plays a significant role in the loss of your skin’s firmness.
- As the skin begins to lose its firmness as a natural biological process, wrinkling starts occurring.
- Besides, you become unable to lock in moisture because your skin’s natural oil production reduces drastically.
- Thus, your skin becomes more delicate as it grows thinner.
- Also, your elastin drops, and your skin won’t be able to heal and reconstruct as naturally as it used to.
- Another reason your skin may get wrinkled is due to environmental factors and conditions. Such external factors include poor nutrition, prolonged exposure to the sun, pollutants, drug use, smoking, etc. These external factors affect the production of elastin in the body, which inhibits collagen production necessary for tightening the skin.
- Environmental factors can cause fine lines on the skin, as well as sunspots and skin hyperpigmentation.
How does CBD Minimize Aging and Wrinkles?
The body has its endocannabinoid system (ECS) composed of receptors that relate with the brain in regulating normal bodily functions such as mood, emotion, appetite, sleep, etc. CBD interacts with this system when ingested. By binding itself with the receptors, it can influence many of these functions in the human body.
That is how it can minimize both the intrinsic and extrinsic signs and symptoms of aging.
The following are ways in which CBD fight against aging and wrinkling:
- It Acts as a Powerful Antioxidant: Ultraviolet rays and pollution cause free radicals which affect your collagen. An antioxidant is a compound that prevents free radicals from roaming within the body and affecting skin cells and tissues. That helps in preventing your cell from damaging. In essence, with CBD, the process your body loses collagen will be reduced. By this act, your skin will appear firmer, more youthful, and healthier.
- It Prevents Skin Inflammation: Skin irritation and inflammation can damage your skin’s structural components, such as collagen and elastin. It happens when your body is forced to release agents that are responsible for this damage.
With the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD, you can soothe and relax your skin, thereby making the wrinkles and fine lines less evident as you grow older.
- CBD Promotes Oil Secretion: As you grow older, your oil glands reduce the intensity they produce oil to the skin. It leads to the individual having dry skin. Based on the fact that oil production and the endocannabinoid system are related, CBD can impact oil production through the sebaceous glands.
Therefore, with increased oil production to the skin comes increased skin hydration and a young-looking effect.
- Stress Reduction: It is generally known that CBD helps to relax the body from stress when consumed. Although it does not give you the high effect that THC gives, it is still effective in ensuring that your aching muscles are calm. Stress is a major external factor responsible for rapid aging and wrinkling of the skin. It causes the fine lines to be more visible. Thus, as CBD helps reduce stress, it becomes apparent on the consumer’s overall appearance.
- CBD Helps with Better Sleep: The famous phrase “beauty sleep” has a lot of truth in it as the body needs enough sleep to ensure that it maintains its youthful look. Eye bags typically appear when a person doesn’t have enough sleep nor has a troubled sleep.
Now when you take CBD, it helps you sleep better, and this, in turn, prevents the eye bags from forming under your eyes. You will wake up each morning feeling quite refreshed and rejuvenated.
- CBD for Damaged Skin: Factors such as continuous exposure to the sun and pollutants can damage the skin cells. CBD helps the regeneration of your skin cells, giving you new skin cells that will ensure your skin remains supple and moisturized.
How can you Use CBD to Minimize Wrinkles and Aging?
There are different ways of ingesting or consuming CBD to minimize aging and the wrinkling of your skin. You can use any of these methods discussed below:
- Sublingual Ingestion: When you ingest CBD sublingually, it means that you are using a bottle with a dropper to apply the CBD oil under your tongue. The effect of this method happens quite fast once you hold it in your mouth for a couple of minutes before swallowing.
- Topical Use: Beauty companies have found a way to infuse CBD into their ointments, lotions, creams, and salves. This method of using CBD involves rubbing a CBD-infused product on the skin. Some may argue that this method is the most effective as it is directly applied to the area where wrinkling appears.
- Edibles: If you wish to enjoy CBD in your gummy bears and lollipops, you can use this ingestion method. It is a favorite of people who have a sweet tooth. Again, CBD can be infused in a liquid or as a gel capsule. CBD in edible form takes longer to digest and provides longer-lasting effects.
Avoid smoking or vaping to ingest CBD for wrinkles as smoking in itself causes wrinkling and old age.
CBD helps minimize the aging and wrinkling of the skin. Other benefits that CBD affords your skin are treating such skin diseases as rosacea, psoriasis, and eczema; management of breakouts and acne.
Before you begin using CBD, it is essential to determine what the guidelines are for your state concerning substance use. Ensure that the shop you are buying CBD from has products within the state’s legal guidelines of not containing more than 0.3% THC. Ensure the vendor has quality products not to end up buying what will harm your body.
The best place you can get high-quality CBD products to deal with your wrinkles is Herbz Depot. This online site sells only safe products that produce the result your skin needs. You have to click on https://herbzdepot.com/, and you can order all your favorite CBD products.
Dermascope article “Using CBD to Combat Wrinkles”
Tanasi article “CBD Oil for Wrinkles”