This is the ultimate guide to everything you need to know about hemp, the meaning of hemp, the variations of hemp products, its benefits (and side effects, if any), and how you can obtain the best hemp in the market.
Some users want their daily dose of CBD without the potency that hemp flower brings. Others want to know that where they are getting their hemp products from (be it oils, flower, gel, tinctures, other THC products) are the right sources. This concern arises from the fact that there are now many available retail shops that supply hemp in different forms for different customers, and one may not know which ones are genuine.
Enough of the talk; this article will guide you down the right path on all you need to know about hemp and where to get the right products.
What is Hemp?
Hemp is a type of dioecious plant that can be separated into female and male plants. It is a specie of the Cannabis Sativa L. plant. The different parts of the hemp plant have been used over the years for various purposes, including a protein source from hemp seeds, fiber from the stem, and oil. Also, its leaves and flowers can be made into portions to be smoked.
That is where this article will center on.
Hemp contains a whole lot of cannabinoids which include THC (tetrahydrocannabinol). It is found in marijuana, which produces the “high” effect when hemp is smoked. Note that the THC produced by the hemp plant does not create a significant amount of THC that can intoxicate a consumer. However, hemp has high concentrations of CBD (cannabidiol). CBD is a substance that does not intoxicate and, at the same time, is medicinally rich.
CBD has become the widely distributed legal hemp extract that most people use to treat all manner of body pain, to relieve stress, anxiety, and get general wellness.
What is the difference between Hemp and Marijuana?
Are you wondering if there is a difference between hemp and marijuana? Well, you are just like many users out there. Both marijuana and hemp produce CBD. Indeed hemp and marijuana are similar, but not the same thing. True, they are both cannabis by biological classification; they are different in how they are cultivated, applied, and in how they are used.
The significant differences between hemp and marijuana are:
- The amount of THC produced by a serving of dry hemp plant is 0.3% or less. This is the limit for a plant to be considered industrial hemp in the U.S. On the other hand, marijuana is the cannabis plant that contains more than 0.3% THC. That means that ingesting marijuana causes a high that hemp cannot produce.
- Marijuana produces euphoria and psychotropic effects in users, which hemp cannot give as it is milder in effect. Thus, marijuana is a preferred choice for recreational purposes, while hemp is preferable for medicinal purposes.
- While hemp flourishes in the wild and almost every climate, marijuana must be grown in a controlled environment—for example, a greenhouse.
- Hemp is legal in all the states of the U.S because it contains less than 0.3% of THC. Thus, it is not as psychoactive as marijuana, a hot legal topic in several states due to its high THC contents.
How do you use hemp?
Technically, hemp is used for various products, depending on the part of the plant used. The leaves, hemp flowers, seed oil, the seed itself are all used as either medicine or food.
In recent times, hemp is now smoked as pre-rolled cigarettes or even as “buds,” just like marijuana. Although users currently smoke the hemp flower, it does not give a “high” feeling like marijuana. At best, it can only make the consumer relaxed. Remember that hemp contains more CBD compounds (which is best for relaxation) than THC (which is best for giving a high feeling).
For smokers of hemp, the options vary between a classic joint (i.e., a pack of wrapping papers) or a bong (i.e., a glass pipe).
Dry Hemp flower is also used as a cooking ingredient for some consumers. Others who have quit smoking cigarettes opt for hemp instead since it is milder than tobacco. Moreover, they can enjoy a healthier set of benefits without the intoxicating side effects of cigarettes.
Hemp oil is another product that is extracted from the hemp plant. The use of hemp oil is simple: oral application or sublingual application (i.e., under your tongue). The second method gets the CBD faster down the bloodstream and provides faster results than capsules taken in controlled doses.
What are the Benefits and Effects of Using Hemp?
Research has shown that the extracts gotten from the whole hemp plant contain many compounds. It has been found to provide more benefits than just isolated extracts such as THC or CBD.
Now unto the benefits and effects of using hemp, the following need to be considered:
- Fats derived from hemp seeds can be used to reduce swelling or inflammation of any body part. The full-spectrum CBD oils used by some arthritis patients have been beneficial in reducing inflammation and pains.
- There are chemicals in hemp that stimulate bowel movement, thereby helping with constipation.
- On a general note, hemp produces a relaxing effect, thereby improving the user’s mood. In the long run, this can consequently help deal with depression.
- Hemp is beneficial in dealing with stress and anxiety. Users of hemp flowers have testified to this effect of using hemp. In essence, consuming hemp is therapeutic.
- Hemp oil is useful in treating patients suffering from seizures that are caused by epilepsy.
- The possible side effects of using hemp include diarrhea, sleepiness, fatigue, and decreased appetite. These vary in different people, and it is not always the case for users. Still, you can look out for these just in case.
The Ultimate Online Store to Get Hemp
So, where can you get the best hemp products? That is the big question that confronts first-time consumers of hemp. That is because, more often than not, one can get sources that are not genuine. Also, in a growing market of cannabis and cannabinoid products, one can never be too careful about getting healthy quality hemp.
When it comes to purchasing hemp products, the best store you can order from is Herbz Depot, and for good reasons:
- Products from Herbz Depot are third-party lab-tested.
- Herbz Depot provides free shipping to any location within the United States.
- Herbz Depot supplies top-notch quality hemp derived products, including hemp flower, hemp oil, tinctures, CBD gummies, pet hemp products, tinctures, hemp gels, and so on.
As mentioned above, ingesting hemp in the oil form is more effective than other means of consumption. Given this, Herbz Depot supplies you with the best hemp oil in the market. All you need to do is order at the website Herbz Depot.
In a nutshell, although hemp can be smoked just like marijuana, it does not get you high. If you want to tap into Hemp’s medical and therapeutic benefits, it is better consumed as a hemp-derived product such as a tincture or hemp oil.
The best place you can get all your hemp-derived products is Herbz Depot, a source that ensures you do not get anything beyond the best quality of products at a fair price. Visit Herbz Depot and begin placing your order.