CBD stands for cannabidiol, one of the hundreds of compounds naturally found in the hemp plant or marijuana. It is the ideal alternative to other psychoactive compounds derived from hemp because it is gentle to the body when ingested. This popularity makes CBD more sought after by users of different age groups and classes of society. It seems that whatever your needs and preferences are, there is a CBD product for you out there.
CBD is helpful for both medical and therapeutic uses, as well as for general body wellness. And this is just the beginning, as there are still more researches being carried out to learn more about CBD and its actual benefits to the body. The question arises on whether or not CBD helps fight anxiety and depression. That is an important question that will be answered as the article continues. So, keep reading!
How does CBD Help in Dealing with Anxiety and Depression?
Before this question is answered, you must understand that most of the research carried out on CBD uses for therapy has been done on animals. Thus, it means that the investigation is still limited. In essence, how helpful CBD is in dealing with depression and anxiety in human beings is more speculative than conclusive. However, there are still valid points you can learn from what has been discovered so far.
When it comes to handling anxiety, stage fright, or fear before speaking in a public gathering, cognitive impairment, it appears CBD can come in handy. Also, a combination of CBD and THC (tetrahydrocannabinol, the psychoactive hemp derived from marijuana) helps treat conditions like chronic pain, which relates to depression.
Consider the following:
- Experts believe that CBD’s positive effect on the brain’s serotonin receptors is crucial in how CBD helps with depression. Serotonin is a hormone that controls some bodily functions, which include the feeling of wellbeing, emotional state, and happiness. Depression seems to come from low serotonin levels in the brain. So while CBD may not directly boost your brain’s serotonin levels, it can affect how your brain’s chemical receptors respond to your system’s serotonin.
- In 2014, an animal study revealed that the brain’s receptors reacted to CBD by producing anti-anxiety and anti-depressant effects. Remember, most studies are done on animals.
- A study discovered that social anxiety was less in people who took CBD than in people who took one form of placebo or the other.
- Again, CBD works independently of the body’s endocannabinoid receptors. It means that, unlike THC, taking CBD cannot become addictive, thus, making it safe. People who have opioid use disorder are prescribed CBD to enable them to deal with their cravings.
What are the Ways of Consuming CBD?
The fun thing about CBD is that it can be ingested in different forms based on the consumer’s preference and convenient location. That is one of the things that make CBD loved by many.
The following are ways that CBD can be ingested:
- Through Edibles: CBD can be infused and taken in edibles like gummies or daily foods and drinks.
- Topical Use: CBD can be absorbed into the skin with the use of beauty products that have been infused with it. They include creams, lotions, balms, and other products that can b applied to the skin and absorbed. Note that this method of ingesting CBD is mainly for health purposes, for instance, balms and lotions for swellings or joint aches.
- Oral Method: You can orally take CBD through tinctures, oils, sprays, or swallowing capsules. You can also mix CBD with your coffee or smoothies during preparation.
- Through Vaping: Vaping is considered one of the fastest ways of ingesting CBD into the body system as it goes directly when inhaled. You should note that by vaping constantly, you are risking some long-term health issues. Moreover, it can cause throat irritation, as well as cough.
A Comparison between CBD and Anti-Depressant Medications
When CBD is compared to medications against depressions, CBD appears to have some advantages over these medications. They are discussed below:
- Unlike most anti-depressant medications that take even weeks before the results are seen in the user, CBD produces fast results. Thus, the effect of CBD after ingestion is more immediate and sustained than these medications.
- CBD does not produce as many side effects as anti-depressant medications. These side effects include mood swings, insomnia, agitation, sexual dysfunction, and so on.
Take note not to use CBD as a replacement for anti-depressant medications.
Are there Side Effects that come with Using CBD?
As it has been mentioned above, is that it has considerably lower if not zero side effects. It is more so if you ingest it through inhalation or vaping, orally, or through the topical method.
However, some persons may still experience some side effects due to sensitivity to the CBD compounds. Such persons may experience the following:
- Tiredness or fatigue.
- Appetite change or weight change.
- Liver toxicity if the compound reacts with certain medications.
Where Can You Buy the Best CBD for Anxiety and Depression?
So far, the recommendation is to use CBD if you are suffering from anxiety and depression, as it has been found to reduce anxiety and depression levels significantly. Now, the FDA (Federal Drug Administration) has no set-out regulation for how CBD can be sold and by whom. It means that with the number of sellers springing up daily, it is difficult to keep track of which ones are selling safe products. Many of them might just be labeling any product as a purely CBD product.
If you need a reliable store to buy CBD products, the best CBD shop for you is Herbz Depot. This online store gets its CBD from hemp farms in the United States. These CBD products are of high quality. They undergo lab testing by a third-party lab to ensure that customers receive safe products. It is a store you can trust for a regular supply of your CBD products.
Visit the website at Herbz Depot and place your order for any CBD product you prefer. If you do not know what will be ideal for you, you can contact the support team on the site, and they will enlighten you more on their products and what you should use.
Anxiety and depression affect the mental health of the person who suffers from them as they can affect such a person’s health, workability, social life, and general wellbeing. Because many of the anti-depressant medications that people use cause side effects, there has to be a more compatible alternative. That is where CBD comes in.
CBD is a mild natural compound that can be ingested through oral use, vaping, topical method, and edibles. Any of the ways you choose effectively gives you the desired effect of reduced anxiety and depression.
Healthline article “How to Try CBD for Depression”
Medical News Today article “Can CBD help treat depression?”