Vape pens are becoming extremely prevalent for CBD, THC, and other edible products, and vaping is one of the most effective ways to consume CBD, providing joy and relief to many people. These devices are inconspicuous and easy to use, but they do require some care from time to time to ensure that leftover elements do not build up and ruin the vaping device. It’s critical to maintain excellent servicing for your vaping products that would require timely cleaning and drying so that your device works optimally and efficiently. This blog features all the crucial elements of a vape device and will guide you on how to clean your vape device properly.
The main problem with cleaning your vape device is that such devices are quite sophisticated and involve a different set of things i.e. a vape device is typically made of different parts where each part has its own operation to execute.
Why is cleaning your vape device important?
The flavour you receive from vaping is mostly determined by the quality of Delta-8 or THC-O oil you use, as well as the hygiene/health of your vape pen. Cleaning your vape pen not only improves the flavour but also protects you from health problems. The residue that builds in the tank or cartridge of your device may cause different health problems.
The inhaled vapour becomes filthy, unpleasant, and unhealthy because of dirt and residue accumulation inside the vaping apparatus. This is why appropriate cleaning is required before vaping, as clean cartridges produce fresh and safe vapour. Cleaning your vape pen also extends its life and improves its efficiency, as regular use can cause blockage.
Lastly, cleaning your vape device also enhances the life of different parts of the device such as atomizer and tank components. With regular cleaning, you are getting improved flavour production with THC-O cartridges, efficient atomizer operation, and enhanced air circulation throughout the device that is known to give you relief and calmness.
When should you clean your vape device?
Cleaning your vape device begins with a thorough examination of the device. Herbz Depot has compiled a list of three key indicators that might help you assess the health of your vape device.
- Always clean your vape device before filling it with a new CBD cartridge to prevent residual dirt from accumulating inside the tank and device.
- If your vape begins to have a terrible taste, this indicates that muck is accumulating inside your device, and you should consider cleaning your vape device immediately.
- If puffing through the CBD or THC oil takes a long time, check for residue and clean it, as many experts recommend.
What are the different parts of my vape device?
A vape pen is a device that uses electricity to heat up a vape tank or cartridge and produce vapour, which you inhale. They are pocket-friendly, battery-powered devices with a cylindrical shape that makes them look like fountain pens. The vaping device is a revolutionary product that is helping millions of people consume CBD and THC products to get relief against a range of mental issues. Usually, vaping devices consist of the following parts –
1. Battery: A vape pen, like any other device, requires power to operate. Most vape pens use Li-ion batteries that come in a variety of power ranges, which reflects how long the battery of the vape device will last. If your vape pen’s battery is removable, Herbz Depot recommends removing it and storing it in a safe place (away from heat) before cleaning it.
2. Tank And Cartridge: The tank is one of the most critical components of the vaping device, which houses CBD or cannabis oil. The tank is also fitted with other parts that make it operational as a whole. An atomizer and a heating coil are built beneath the tank part that turns the CBD oil into vapour upon heating.
There is a wide range of CBD and THC-O cartridges available with Herbz Depot that one can use in their vaping device. Some cartridges feature refillable tanks that require you to press the oil into the cartridge, while others have pre-filled cartridges that are disposable and replaceable.
3. Atomizer And Coil: The atomizer is the component of the battery that warms your cannabis oil, transforming it into a fine vapour. Atomizers are made up of a series of metal coils that heat up when electricity runs through them.
The most popular coil material is nichrome, but nichrome, kanthal, nickel, titanium, and stainless steel are also available in the market. The coil carries resistance and hence, it indicates the amount of current and oil that can be converted to vapour. A high resistance coil will allow less current and vapour to be absorbed while vaping and vice versa.
4. Mouthpiece: The mouthpiece is the part of your vape device that comes into contact with your mouth, i.e. it goes inside your mouth and is used to vape. These are frequently removable and can be made of a variety of materials, including silicone and plastic. Because this part of your vape pen is exposed to your mouth, it’s very vital to keep it clean when you fill a new cartridge.
5. Trigger Button: Not all vape pens include an activation or trigger button. In some devices, inhaling CBD causes them to activate. When you press the button on a vape pen that has one, the circuit between the battery and the atomizer is completed, and the pen is triggered. Some vape pens feature many temperature settings that may be cycled through by repeatedly pressing the button.
How to clean your vape device using different methods?
You won’t be able to completely clean your vape device unless you disassemble it. The vape tank, coils, mouthpiece, atomizer, battery are included in the device that you will need to carefully separate and remember where each one belongs.
Remember to remove the battery before you begin cleaning your vaping device because you don’t want to ruin the battery with exposure to water.
So let’s get to know different methods that you can employ to clean your vape device –
Cleaning with warm water:
You may easily clean your vaping equipment by rinsing it under warm water if it isn’t too dirty. Disassemble the tank, clean each component, pat dry with a towel, and allow to air dry completely. Reassemble the tank and the rest of your vaping device only when each piece is thoroughly dry.
If it’s been a while since you last cleaned your tank, you might want to take a different method. Place the tank pieces in a dish filled with hot water. Remove the components after the water has cooled and gently clean them. Reassemble your CBD vaping equipment after allowing it to air dry.
Cleaning With Propylene Glycol:
Propylene Glycol, also known as PG in short form, is a versatile cleaning agent with numerous applications. To keep your CBD vaping device clean and sparkly, you can use it instead of warm water. All you have to do now is put your disassembled vape tank in a PG-filled bowl. Before reassembling your equipment, let it there for a couple of hours to air dry.
This is a great way to clean your CBD vaping device because it removes any lingering flavour from your tank and its components.
Cleaning with baking soda:
Baking soda includes little hard work but it is an incredibly effective way to clean your CBD vaping apparatus. You should use a special toothbrush for the greatest results.
Wet the toothbrush, dip it in baking powder, then clean each section of the tank separately. After rinsing everything with warm water and drying it, you’re ready to go. Reassemble the parts of the device after air-drying them completely.
Cleaning with vinegar:
Vinegar is acidic and can be used to remove clogs as well as clear a variety of difficult stains. You can clean your gadget using a Q-tip or cotton pad dipped in vinegar, then rinse it thoroughly with water.
Vinegar, as you may be aware, has a strong odour that will stay. If you want to get rid of the vinegar smell, you should properly rinse your CBD vaping gear.
Cleaning with vodka or alcohol:
If you don’t have any other cleaning materials, you may always clean your CBD vaping gear with vodka or regular alcohol or isopropyl alcohol (rich in flavours), which are excellent cleaning agents. It’s long-lasting, effective, and will keep your device clean and spotless. Cleaning with such an alcoholic agent is also known as deep cleaning that aims to keep the device clean for a long time.
However, do not submerge the device in vodka or alcohol. Simply, follow the 5 steps written below that will effectively clean your vape device.
- Remove all tank components and dispose of any remaining Delta-8 or THC-O oil from them.
- To assist break down any residual deposits in your vape tank, non-flavored vodka is ideal that is high in alcohol content. Scrub all the spots that still contain residual oil deposits with a piece of paper towel.
- After wiping off all of the parts with the non-flavored vodka, rinse everything with warm water.
- To dry each piece, either place it on a paper towel or use a hairdryer.
- Lastly, put the tank and vape device’s parts back together after drying them out.
How to clean your battery of a vape device?
The battery is the most critical part of the vape device, and it should be handled and cleaned with caution. In most circumstances, gentle cleaning of the battery’s exterior with cotton swabs is enough to make it lively all the way. Check for any residue on the connector (where the battery threads and connects to the atomizer), since this can restrict the passage of electric current to the atomizer.
What to do if your CBD cartridge is clogged?
It’s possible that the oil in the cartridge will solidify, restricting airflow. You may be able to clear the blockage with the fine tip of a safety pin in some circumstances. If it doesn’t work, gently warm the cartridge with a hairdryer while standing a foot or two away. After a minute or so, try removing the clog with the safety pin once more. To clear the obstruction, repeat this procedure as many times as necessary. If the cartridge remains clogged after several attempts, you may need to replace it entirely.
How to clean the mouthpiece of a vaping device?
Hygienic vaping necessitates the hygiene of your mouthpiece. Scrub the inside and exterior of the mouthpiece with a cotton swab or cloth dipped in rubbing alcohol, taking extra care to remove any residue. Mouthpieces can be immersed in rubbing alcohol or water for up to an hour before washing for a deeper clean. After the cleaning operation, let the mouthpiece dry thoroughly.
At the end of the day, it doesn’t really matter which cleaning procedure you deploy to clean your vape device; it’s all up to you. But, one should always clean their vape device after consuming a full cartridge or before filling it up with a new one. This removes the dirt, residue, and oily agents from the vaping apparatus. Finally, it will also ensure that your CBD oil lasts longer and that the flavour is always fresh and pleasant.
- Articles On Frequently Asked Questions On Vaping Device
- Tutorial Article On How To Clean Your Vape Device
- A Guide On Cleaning Vape Pens
- Blog On Cleaning Vape Pens In 4 Steps
- Article On How To Clean Vape Pens And Coils
- Blog On Cleaning Your Vape Tank