The use of CBD has become popular across the United States. That due to the discoveries of its usefulness to the general wellness of the human body. Now, a lot of people use CBD oil to alleviate anxiety and ease body pain.
Stores that sell CBD and CBD products are now springing up more than ever. Some medical practitioners prescribe CBD to their patients for different types of body pain. Also, people testify to how helpful CBD has been in treating their pains.
It goes to show that the use of CBD for pain relief is an aspect of the benefits of CBD that you should consider. This article aims to discuss why CBD is famous as a tool for pain relief and how you can adequately maximize its effects.
What is CBD?
Cannabidiol, or as others know it, CBD, is a chemical compound (called cannabinoids) found in the cannabis plant. This plant is also called the hemp or marijuana plant. CBD is a gentle alternative to other medications for treating issues like inflammation, pain, anxiety, depression, etc. It does not cause the consumer to get high when ingested. It works on the endocannabinoid system to create a relaxing effect or treat whatever body pain the consumer may have.
The different types of CBD extracts include nano CBD, full-spectrum CBD, broad-spectrum, and CBD isolate. Whichever form of CBD you choose depends on what issue you plan to treat.
For pains in certain body parts, then it is advised that you topically apply isolates to the particular function that needs treatment.
What are the Forms through which CBD can be taken for Pain Relief?
A significant reason why people love CBD is that it can be ingested in several forms. The point of this is to be appealing to different people with their other preferences. The forms of taking CBD are discussed below:
- Oil and Tinctures: One way you can ingest CBD is in the form of oils and tinctures. CBD oils are easily the most popular forms of CBD extract.
All you need to do is take them topically, i.e., place a drop of the tincture beneath your tongue. Do you want an immediate effect of CBD in your body? Using this method will get you the result you desire.
Apart from topical use of CBD, you can apply the oil on any part of your body that is aching, tingling, burning, or stiff.
- Capsules and Pills: For users who don’t mind swallowing pills, they can take them with or without food. Note that capsules and tablets are generally filled with CBD liquid extract in combination with a carrier oil.
You don’t need a prescription before you can take a CBD pill or capsule.
- Edibles: CBD is usually extracted and infused in edibles to make ingesting it even more fun for a sweet tooth. Such edibles include gummies or gummy bears, caramels, fruit chews, and chocolate as well. Other edibles you can infuse CBD in are cookie dough and brownies.
- Creams and Lotions: Creams and lotions that have been infused with CBD can be rubbed on the body to quickly relieve pain in joints, the skin, or muscles. Thus, it is absorbed into the body through the skin. It also helps with moisturizing the skin.
- Vapes: If you are suffering from any painful symptoms, inhaling CBD using vapes can come in handy. This ingesting CBD method is one of the fastest means of getting the chemical into your bloodstream for instant relief. Take note, however, so that you do not damage your throat and health due to excessive vaping.
Why is CBD so Popular for Pain Relief?
There are different types of pains that CBD can be used in treating. Instances are discussed below; thus, you can use CBD to treat them if you have any of these conditions.
- Treatment of Joint Inflammation: CBD can be used in treating inflammations of the joint or joint ache. That is particularly so if it involves osteoarthritis. If CBD is administered in liquid form using injections, it can prevent more nerve damage associated with arthritis.
- A Great Alternative to Pain Relief Medications: Cannabidiol activates the brain’s receptors similarly to pain relief medications. Therefore, it addresses symptoms of pain directly from the source.
Moreover, most people prefer using CBD for pain instead of medicines because most of these medications have several side effects minimized in CBD. However, before you replace your regular medication with CBD, ensure that you seek advice from your medical provider.
- It has Antibacterial and Antifungal Properties: Many people choose to use CBD because it has antibacterial and antifungal properties. These properties can hasten the healing of wounds that may be causing you pain. It is also helpful in fighting infections that usually attack slow-healing injuries.
Applying a CBD product on your wound ensures that the damage is given a protective layer. The nutrients are absorbed into the areas that need the product. That makes it more ideal than orally ingesting the CBD.
- Treatment of Several other Issues: CBD is not just famous for treating physical pains; it is also helpful for anxiety, stress, back pain, scratches, foot pain, scrapes, etc.
- You can easily obtain it: You do not need a prescription to buy and use CBD as this is not regulated by the FDA (Federal Drug Administration). Also, many stores sell CBD, such as medical offices, some pharmacies, food stores, and online.
What you should Note when Trying CBD for the First Time
If you are a beginner or first-time user of CBD, there are things you should consider to ensure you are on the safe side. These things include the following:
- Do not smoke or vape even though it is one of the methods of ingesting CBD. Smoking is generally unsafe for consumers, especially when they do it regularly. Although CBD is not psychoactive, it is not suitable for your throat. Most veteran users smoke or vape once in a while.
- The method you use in taking CBD determines the speed at which it gets working in your body. Swallowing a pill or capsule produces a slower and extended effect. At the same time, topical use of CBD oils gets it faster into the bloodstream.
- Begin using CBD in small doses and build up from there. Once you get to the limit, your body can make that your usual dosage and not increase.
- Check that your state’s laws support the use of CBD for therapeutic and medical purposes before you begin using it.
- Ensure you buy from a reputable seller. Do your research and ensure that the CBD shop has good reviews and the products sold there are certified safe for consumption by a third-party lab. An example of a CBD shop you can trust for safe products is Herbz Depot.
CBD is quite affordable when compared to other medications for pain relief. That is why many users prefer it to the regular prescribed pain medication from pharmacies. More so, one does not need to get an appointment before buying CBD.
Thus, if you are a first-time user of CBD or want to change your supplier, you should log on to Herbz Depot and order your favorite CBD product. Buying from Herbz Depot guarantees that you will get safe and high-quality products that have been lab-tested by a third-party lab and certified contaminant-free.
Wherever you are in the United States, you can get CBD delivered to your doorstep for free once you buy from Herbz Depot.
Michigan Health article “Should You Take CBD for Pain?”
NorthEast Spine and Sports Medicine article “7 Benefits of CBD for Pain Management”