Pets can also consume CBD products. There are CBD products in the market that were made to be ingested by pets. You probably didn’t know that. Or maybe someone mentioned it to you, but you don’t understand why you should feed your Dog with CBD.
Please don’t be worried about it. Here, you will get the complete information you need on the benefits of CBD to your pets. More importantly, you will be directed to the best store to get the CBD product that suits your pet’s needs.
Without further delay, let’s hop right into it.
What is CBD?
Before you even begin going into CBD for pets, you need to understand what CBD is. CBD stands for cannabidiol, a compound mainly found in the Cannabis sativa plants such as industrial hemp and marijuana. Marijuana contains more than 10 percent of THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) that can get one high in a matter of one dose. On the other hand, industrial hemp contains less than 0.3% THC, which is the legally accepted standard.
CBD is useful for humans when dealing with health issues such as body pains, epileptic seizures, curbing anxiety, and muscle relaxation. These uses extend to animals when a Veterinarian gives them the right prescription. It will be further explained as you keep reading.
CBD exists in three different varieties, and these are the ones that can be found on the market. They include isolate formulas, broad-spectrum, and full-spectrum CBD.
- Isolate CBD refers to an extract of only CBD, i.e., without any additional concoction to the pure form.
- Broad-spectrum CBD has all the compounds and ingredients that make up the formula. These ingredients include other cannabinoids, flavonoids (i.e., compounds that reduce inflammation), and terpenes (compounds that give cannabis plants their signature skunky smell).
- Full-spectrum CBD formula has all the combination of a broad-spectrum CBD, and also, it has THC. Only full-spectrum CBD can get the consumer high or “stoned.”
Enough about CBD; let’s move on to CBD for pets.
What are the CBD Products for Pets?
CBD works similarly for both humans and pets because of the similar endocannabinoid systems. However, CBD products meant for pets are specially made in the form they will enjoy, or their bodies will be compatible.
You can give your pet CBD in any of the following forms:
- CBD Edibles: These supplements come in different flavors, such as sweet potato, a tasty treat ideal for your Dog. These edibles are chewable and fun for your pet to enjoy and get the needed body wellness at the same time.
- CBD Oil Tinctures: CBD oil tinctures can be given to Cats, Dogs, and Horses. The best way to give CBD oil is by placing it under your pet’s tongue. It is the fastest way it can get to the bloodstream, and you will see immediate results.
Take note to avoid using CBD oil meant for humans on pets as they can contain ingredients that may be toxic to pets even if they safe for human use. For instance, xylitol is consumed in chewing gum by humans, but it is harmful to them when put in animal edibles.
- Salves and Balms: CBD-infused balms are also available for pets with stiff joints. Just like humans, you can massage these CBD balms into the animal’s joints and swellings.
- CBD-Infused Peanut Butter: This is self-explanatory; roasted peanuts jammed with CBD can be given to your pet as the ultimate protein snack.
Why Do Your Pets Need CBD?
If you have a dog or a cat or any other domestic pet around, you will notice that they are prone to anxiety or stress or any other health challenges, just like humans. Research has been conducted, and a discovery was made. Your pets can also benefit from one or more of the great uses of CBD. Hence, CBD is very safe for your pets as long as you observe your veterinary doctor’s guidance.
Here are the primary reasons why your pets need CBD:
- If you have a pet that is getting old, chances are, they will begin to develop stiff muscles and aching joints. CBD-infused products like balms will come in handy here. You can gently massage your pet’s aching body with this balm to enable them to go about in relief.
- Inflammations can be easily treated with CBD products for pets. Inflammation can be a sign of arthritis, and CBD products are beneficial to both humans and pets with such health issues. Again, rub a CBD-infused balm or salve to reduce any inflammation your pet may be suffering from.
- CBD reduces the anxiety animals are prone to due to their high sensitivity or even some medication side effects. A good CBD edible or oil can be given to your pet to calm their nerves. Remember, CBD does not get your pet high as it doesn’t contain high THC, so you have nothing to worry about.
Are There Side Effects of Giving Your Pet CBD?
Unless the dose of CBD given to your pet is in high dosage over the long term, it does not have adverse side effects on the animal. However, you should note that your pet may have side effects after ingesting CBD in any form. These side effects include the following:
- Gastrointestinal upset, i.e., loose stool.
- Lethargy or extreme tiredness. This effect is usually short-term, and after the first treatments, your pet will not feel it again.
- Your pet’s liver cells may get injured due to an increase in their liver’s enzyme levels after ingesting CBD. This is particularly true for a pet that has liver failure.
What to Consider before getting a CBD Product for your pet
You cannot just go to the market or go to a site to buy CBD products for your pet without due research. Pay attention to the following when looking for a CBD product for your pet:
- Look online for the Certificate of Analysis (CoA) of the company you want to buy the CBD product for your pet. On this certificate, you will see the composting ingredients in the CBD product, the condition of the soil the hemp plant grew in, and the compounds from the fertilizers used to grow the plant.
A COA will indicate a “no pass” for any product which has any harmful substance beyond the limit allowed. If the CBD level in the certificate differs from what is advertised on the product, refrain from purchasing it.
- Any company that makes any medical claims in its advertisement should be avoided. That is because no scientific research backs such claims of CBD product healing diseases like cancer or epilepsy. These products can only alleviate the problem of supplements.
Where to Buy the CBD Your Pets Need
All the CBD products your pets need can be got from the best online store for cannabis products: Herbz Depot. Herbz Depot has various CBD oil products and products for pets, such as Bacon Canine Tincture, BD Dog and Cat Oil Drops, CBD Horse Tincture, Soft chew Bites, and Salmon Feline Tincture.
These can both be enjoyed by your pets while giving them the therapeutic CBD they need. It is essential to know that all the CBD products sold on Herbz Depot are well tested in the lab by a third-party lab, so it is safe to buy from there.
All you need to do is visit the official Herbz Depot website https://herbzdepot.com/ to place your order and have it delivered to your chosen location. If you are in the United States, you can order and get your goods delivered for free.
When you hear about CBD for pets, the point is not to get your pet high or on drugs. It only points out the importance of CBD for pets, such as treating body pains, relieving anxiety, and increasing your pet’s general wellness.
Since the FDA does not regulate the sale of CBD products for pets, it is required that you exercise caution when it comes to the supplier of your CBD products.A trusted online store you can get high-quality, safe products is Herbz Depot. Now that you know why your pets need CBD, head on to https://herbzdepot.com/ and order from the varieties of CBD products for pets that are available.
Shape article “CBD for Pets”
Health article “Best CBD Oil for Dogs”